Is anyone else shocked by how fast a week goes by? Sure there are some marathon weeks but it seems like the majority of the time I’m wondering where the week went?! Before we bulldoze into this weekend, I wanted to share some of my current favorites. Don’t forget to share one or more of your current faves in a comment below — just scroll all the way down!🙂
1. Ray’s Boathouse. My family goes way back with Ray’s, in fact my Mom used to work there! We visit every chance we get because the food, drinks, view, and staff are GREAT. It’s currently Restaurant Week, so go check them out if you’re in the neighborhood!
2. Carrie Underwood. I may have missed out on Adele tickets, but I was able to lock down tickets to see Carrie and I couldn’t be more excited! I’ve seen her live once before and was not only impressed with her amazing voice, but also her stage design set-up etc. was incredible!!!!
3. Tis the season for: Lavender, Peppermint, and Lemon with a spoonful a local, raw honey. Just when I thought I was going to be the only person NOT affected by the gnarly allergies swirling all around the Pacific Northwest… I was hit HARD. We’re talking a migraine the size of Mount Rainier and my throat felt like it was on FIRE. Targaryen Dragon status. THEN I had Snoqualmie Falls coming out of my nose. Super sexy, I KNOW!😉 Of course I oiled up with all my favorites BUT it was this particular remedy that yielded the most drastic positive results. My nose IMMEDIATELY stopped flowing and this ticklish cough that was trying to happen, completely vanished. I wish I hadn’t waited as long as I did to get raw, local honey. All it took was 1 drop of each oil + a spoonful of that heaven sent nectar. Remember, I only trust Young Living, and you can learn why HERE.
4. The Fur Baby. Zoe is our adorable little short legged, short haired Jack Russell Terrier and has basically become our whole world. She is the sweetest, needy little fur ball who heals hearts. She loves going on Adventures and I definitely need to start including her more. She will do anything you want for a carrot or banana. She’s seriously got the best personality. Playful, but also protective — just like her auntie jenjen.😉
5. Oil Pulling. I will eventually publish a blog post dedicated to this ancient remedy, BUT all you really need to know is that it’s incredible for whole body health and the benefits will blow your mind. Also? You’ll see results immediately if you do it regularly. One of the best “side affects” is insanely white teeth. I add 2 drops of Thieves and 2 drops of either Orange or Lemon to my spoonful of coconut oil. I swish for 20 minutes, no more and no less and I spit it out in the trash to save my homes plumbing.🙂 I highly recommend everyone start doing this regularly — your body will thank you!! However, if you’re not using Young Living Essential Oils, just use coconut oil (I feel morally obligated to reiterate that, btw!).
6. Harney & Sons, Paris Tea. Swoon… I was browsing the tea section at one of my favorite stores and was drawn to the tea tins and branding. It’s been a major bonus that the tea is actually FANTASTIC! I’m definitely going to explore this company more and try some green teas! I’ll admit to being a loose leaf tea snob (which they do offer!) but their silken sachets are high quality – super elegant and convenient if you’re not set up for loose leaf teas.
7. American Express. I’ve been a happy loyal Amex user for a decade+ and it’s primarily because the customer service is astounding — I literally never have to worry about my accounts. I’m still learning about all the benefits of the Gold Premier Rewards Card (even though I’ve had it forever), but I probably have the best story as to why everyone should have one. Sure I scored killer seats thanks to the pre-sale for Carrie Underwood BUT on a more serious note, I had a freak accident with my car and was literally stranded after 10PM. Apparently I don’t have roadside assistance with my care insurance (wtf?!) but that doesn’t matter because I do with American Express. All I did was call the number on the back of my card and they handled the rest. They promptly coordinated a tow truck to pick us up and deliver my car to the dealership. It didn’t cost me a penny — so awesome!
8. Wheatgrass. Such AMAZING health benefits with this simple green. Just to name a few, a single shot: Restores Alkalinity in the blood as well as cleanses and builds the blood, Is high in several different Enzymes, Helps treatments and prevention of cancers (due to high oxygen content), Increases energy levels, Assists with healthy weight loss, Is a complete protein (20% protein!), Acts as an anti-inflammatory, Improves Digestive & Bowel Movements, Improves Blood Sugar Disorders, Slows down the aging process, Clears skin and reduces body odor…. Cheers!
What are some of your current favorites!?
Have you seen Carrie Underwood live?
Have you ever tried Oil Pulling OR Wheatgrass?