Anyone else on a blogging hiatus? Just me?
About a month or two ago the very lovely Sara, author behind Words to Run By nominated me for the Beautiful Blogger Award. Thanks girl! I feel so honored to be recognized even in my semi-absence in the blogosphere. Sara found my blog around the time my family life was turned upside down, and since then, blogging has been [more] difficult, far and few between, and yet we still have got to know each other, encourage, and inspire one another. Sara is one of several amazing women bloggers and if you haven’t already subscribed to her blog — you should!
- Copy the Beautiful Blogger Award logo and post it in your blog post. [✓]
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog. [✓]
- Tell all of us seven things about yourself. [✓]
- Nominate seven other bloggers and comment on their page to let them know.
Here are seven things about me you probably didn’t know:
- My M.A.N. and I broke up. Yup. On July 31st, 2012, he broke my heart into a bajillion little pieces and I’ve been single for the first time in nearly four years. Is it horrible I almost instantly thought of all the blog posts I had yet to compose about all of our adventures together, let alone how we met!? Weird, probably. What’s even weirder is that he acts as if we never broke up and is actually flying out to visit to spend Thanksgiving with my family and I. Voluntarily.
- Speaking of just friends… I am a HUGE Friends fan. I can watch episode after episode and it will never get old. I always try to find it on TV if I can’t sleep. Another fun fact is that I have to clap during the intro! Everyone close to me knows this, and even if they aren’t in the same room but they hear it on, they’ll clap too. This always ends in laughter because it’s clearly an obsession! 🙂
- I was one of those people who pre-ordered the iPhone 5… and I absolutely LOVE it. I upgraded from the 4, so I was instantly impressed with the voice/dictation feature, of course Siri, and something that has probably saved my life now: talking GPS. I also love how lightweight it is, and I have no regrets for picking white. So clean and sleek looking — super sexy! #bestphoneever
- Speaking of sexy…I haven’t been to the gym in over two weeks and I’m not feeling sexy AT ALL! Is it just me or does working out really boost your confidence? I’m at that point in my life where I need to figure out my routine/schedule and prioritize my work out(s) because it’s my “Jenn Time” and I deserve it — plus, I really love it and miss it!
- I have an embarrassing secret… I got hooked on that show “The Secret Life of an American Teenager”!! For whatever reason I stopped watching in the middle of Season Four, which feels like years ago now — so I’m currently catching up. Truth be told I can’t quite get back into it BUT I’m determined to finish it. I caught wind that it’s been cancelled, and I have to admit — I enjoyed it while it lasted. haha! Am I the only one with embarrassing guilty pleasures like this?! Someone tell me they watch something ridiculous, too!
- I found a church! I am so excited — the pastor is from Hawai’i, so everything is local / Hawaiian style, which of course I love. My Auntie goes there and is super involved, so I’m sure I will slowly follow in her foot steps. Right now I’m just thoroughly enjoying attending Sunday mornings and meeting everyone and will hopefully jump into a bible study as well. Church “shopping” can be so awkward and difficult in a new town, and this place really feels like home 🙂
- I bought a car! I couldn’t be more excited because 1) I needed one more than ever, and 2) It’s the car I’ve wanted forever. In fact it has been on my dream board for years. A HUGE thank you goes out to Chaplin’s Bellevue Volkswagen for taking care of me!! 😉 Seriously, if you are car shopping, Chaplin’s in Bellevue is where you need to go, especially if you live in Seattle/Washington!
Instead of picking seven Beautiful Blogger Nominees, I would love for everyone to post one (or seven!) things about them in a comment below!