The other day I posted this picture on Instagram (Are you on Instagram?):
..And it got A LOT of attention!!
I haven’t shared any recipes in a while, so I figured I’d start up again with this one since it literally blew my mind. I jumped for joy when I learned I had enough ingredients to make it again the next day.. Sometimes, it’s all about the simple things:)
Jenn’s Giant Vegan Burrito [Vegan/Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free]
- Food For Life’s Brown Rice Tortilla
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Daiya Cheese (I used pepperjack)
- Vegetables (I used: Spinach, Broccoli, Red Pepper, Mushroom, Tomato, Red Onion, Carrot, Asparagus, Garlic)
1) Turn oven on 350 and prepare tortilla by drizzling the Extra Virgin Olive Oil all over the tortilla. Sprinkle the Daiya cheese all over the tortilla as well, then put it in oven while it heats up (no more than 5-10 minutes usually).
2) Remove tortilla from oven and add quinoa, fresh vegetables, and avocado slices. Top with Celtic Sea Salt, Pepper, Turmeric, and Nutritional Yeast, and pop it back into the oven for about 5-7 minutes.
The tortilla becomes soft but sturdy, the daiya cheese melts perfectly into the quinoa, and the fresh veggies & toppings compliment it all… I’m drooling just recapping this accidental masterpiece…
It’s almost too large to wrap how you normally would a burrito, but I get it closed enough like a soft taco and everything stays in place as I devour it. It’s all in how you hold it!
My Dad get’s extremely frustrated as everything seems to fall out &/or break/rip/tear, but hey, if it’s not messy, where’s the fun in that?! Actually for me the fun is watching him! 😉
Do you have any accidental masterpieces?
Most of my kitchen accomplishments stem from happy accidents. It ALWAYS has to do with what ingredients I have on hand and winging it as I combine nearly everything…
If you make this recipe, please let me know what you think!