10K Trainer App, 2013 Goals, Alternative Cancer Treatments, Bellevue Club, Bikram, Brendan Brazier, C25K, Cleanse, Dream Board, Educational, Exercise, Fifty Pull-Ups, Fitness, Gold's Gym, Green Drinks, Health, Hot Yoga, Manifesting your future, New Year Resolutions, One Fifty Dips, One Hundred Push Ups, Pacific Northwest, Pancreatic Cancer, Personal, Pilates, Professional, sauna, Spiritual, Three Hundred Sit Ups, Thrive Forward, Treasure Map, Two Hundred Squats, Ultimate Jump Rope Workouts, Vega, Vision Board, Whistle Blowing
[Warning! This is a monster post! But I hope it inspires those who read it!]
My word for 2013 is:
re·new [ri-noo, -nyoo]
verb (used with object)
1. to begin or take up again, as an acquaintance, a conversation, etc.; resume.
2. to make effective for an additional period: to renew a lease.
3. to restore or replenish: to renew a stock of goods.
4. to make, say, or do again.
5. to revive; reestablish.
I have come to the conclusion that it has always been somewhat difficult for me to write down “New Year Resolutions,” which is why I prefer to call them: Goals.
I suppose contemplating everything in one sitting gets me the most, or not being able to dedicate enough time to come up with a list, or fear of not including everything I truly want to include on the list. Which is absolutely silly, right? Because it is beyond simple to add to an existing list whether it is on paper or on the computer!
Years ago I created a Dream Board or Vision Board, then my workplace offered a “Treasure Map” workshop, and I just love this idea, regardless of what it’s being called these days. Pinterest is of course a fantastic virtual board, but when we see our goals visually set in front of us on a regular basis, it is a constant positive reminder of what we want to achieve. I like to keep my board(s) in my room, bathroom, or even my office so I can see it as often as possible or at least when I wake up and when I go to bed.
Recently I found an old(er) board that I am actually really proud of. I noticed a lot of what I had on there was either achieved or in the works of becoming an accomplishment. I have every intention of updating this board, and would even like to create a workshop at my new company to get everyone set on the right foot here in 2013!
I must say, I’m feeling really good about 2013! This could be because the last several years have been rough and things can really only go up from here — but I really feel as if I have grown [more] as an individual, and I am maturing [more] into a disciplined woman filled with integrity. Thanks, Lord! Thanks Family!
Here are my 2013 Goals — I will no doubt be adding to this list!
- Improve overall time-management
- Improve overall expenses (budgets etc.)
- Improve relationships with family, friends, significant other
- Determine all unresolved things in my life — and resolve them!
- Dedicate more time to the blog and “journaling”
- Build the blog again – blog hop, comment, and get back into the amazing blogging community because I really miss the interaction and amazing friendships!
- Revamp the blog! I need a new platform and would love to splash my personality all over the website better!
- Get back into gardening. Learn to capitalize on “Seasons” and provide food for life for the family — even if just a small contribution via a little patio garden!
- Get involved/attend more local events – Seattle is a ridiculously busy city!!
- Travel [more]. See more of the Pacific Northwest. Travel abroad. Visit more of the U.S. when opportunity presents itself.
- Speaking of travel.. Mom & Dad turn the BIG 6-0 this year and I want to coordinate an AMAZING family+friends celebration. I’m thinking an Alaskan Cruise, so summer to early fall is probably the best timeframe. Also, I’ve heard nothing but amazing experiences and think this would be a fantastic first cruise adventure and birthday celebration!
- Cleanse – I am very much overdue, and would love to cleanse quarterly
- Increase liquids: Drink more water! Make more “Green Drinks” & consume more plant-based protein drinks
- Thrive Forward. My family is mostly plant-based since my Dad was diagnosed with Stage 4 Pancreatic Cancer Nov/Dec of 2011, and I want to incorporate [more] new recipes each week (if not more) to break up the mundane.
- Create/Schedule regular workouts – desperately need this back into my everyday routine!
- Challenges I want to complete: PlankADay until I get to at least five minutes or more (follow my progress on Instagram or Twitter!). One Hundred Push Ups, Three Hundred Sit Ups, Two Hundred Squats, One Fifty Dips, Fifty Pull-Ups, Ultimate Jump Rope Workouts
- Get back into pilates & either hot yoga or Bikram yoga. Start by attending at least once a week!
- Speaking of classes — take advantage of the FREE classes offered at Gold’s Gym that is included in my Membership. And use the darn sauna!!
- Pick at least two local races. I would absolutely love to complete a 5K, 10K, and 1/2 Marathon this year.. if not more Therefore improving my running is a must! And I already downloaded the C25K & 10K Trainer App for extra guidance
- Get a CBC (Complete Blood Count) done and balance any potential irregularities
- Get back into logging workouts, intake/consumption, and activities
- Encourage/mentor Dad to start a daily detailed log, including his activities, workouts, and intake/consumption
- Make a better effort toward Cancer Prevention by implementing select Alternative Treatments Dad is doing. Encourage Mom to do the same.
- Share Dad’s story on the blog — his transformation, overall progress, and explaining his various Alternative Treatments
- Share more health-related, whistle-blowing, and healthful tips/recipes on the blog. I get so consumed with research and remembering the important highlights for myself and family, I forget to publish the mind-blowing knowledge!
- Continue to attend church weekly
- Get more involved / volunteer / join group(s)
- Dedicate time to a weekly bible study, whether with a group or individual
- Pray more — start a prayer journal
- Improve my walk with the Lord — Be a better example to others
- Inspire and bless people as often as possible
- Read more! I used to read a book a month — I’d like to accomplish that again!
- Regularly look for blessings — put things in a positive perspective
- Learn from Jessica — Get into the habit of Daily Affirmations:
- Clean house. Remove dead weight and all existing negativity
- Build a stronger structure for Brokerage
- Recruit successful Brokers
- Continue to grow network & expand new Brand
- Flourish the Luxury Brand/Market within company
- Create Training & Mentor Program for “new-hire” Brokers
- Regularly ensure the company is progressing in the direction we intend
- Join “BC” (a high-end luxury Fitness/Social club) for further networking
- Work with current space, but get into a bigger and better office (IE: downtown retail space) by the second half of this year
- Launch Handful in Hawai’i — I’m the 808 State Rep for our favorite #BestBraEVER and I need to dedicate the time to make this amazing product available to everyone, everywhere in the Hawaiian Islands. The amazing ladies behind Handful have been extremely patient with me, and I’m looking forward to expanding their product line out in the middle of the Pacific!
- Become financially stable so that is one less thing my family ever has to worry about.
- Take the time to obtain grants
- Take the time to obtain scholarships
- Create a “Student Debt Relief” plan/budget
- Finish degree!
- Look into Law Programs
- Earn more Broker Affiliations, Accreditations, and Licenses
I’m really looking forward to crossing off my achievements, but I’m also excited about adding to the list because it’s good to have goals. Plus, I’m the type of personal that will always think of more things once I walk away, but I thought after a solid week into 2013, I better publish what I already have!
What are some of your goals for 2013?
Are you looking forward to anything in particular this year?
What is your word for 2013?